Pretzel Crisps Minis Gluten Free Salted Caramel
Taste test: This bag of gluten-free pretzels took the original flavor of mini, knotted, flattened, wheat-free pretzels in a sweet direction, promising the increasingly popular salted caramel flavor.
We opened the bag to find that the surfaces of the two-hole pretzels were coated with quite a lot of very fine sugar. There was enough of it that there was no way to avoid getting sugar on the fingertips (short of pouring then pretzels from the bag directly into your mouth, or eating them with a spoon). We crunched in to find that, sugar aside, the texture was just like the original flavor, with a loud crunch. The taste made a progression, as it started with sweet caramel and then transitioned into salty pretzel as the sugar dissolved. The wheatless pretzels tasted good but still didn't taste quite like wheat pretzels, but the difference was less noticeable in this version thanks to all of that sugar. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good caramel smell.
From the package: “It was a big idea when Pretzel Crisps® set out to rethink the pretzel. Now here's a smaller one. In fact, a downright tiny one. You'll love our gluten-free Pretzel Crisps® Minis. They're puffy, they're tiny and they're our mini-est minis ever. With as much great flavor and crunchiness as our regular Pretzel Crisps® Minis.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pretzel Crisps (28 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (343 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (73 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published May 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road