Pop-Tarts Pretzel Chocolate
Taste test: Pop-Tarts come in a whole lot of different types and flavors, but introducing a pretzel version was quite a big change from the usual, probably the most significant development since they started making peanut butter-filled ones a few years back.
I opened the first of four 2-Tart packets to find that the top side looked somewhat like a pretzel, plus it had some wiggles of chocolate with a design based on Charlie Brown's shirt, as well as some white bits that I assumed were salt (based on the "Sweet & Salty" description on the box).
I bit in to find a few surprises: There was nothing resembling a pretzel crunch, and the white things seemed to be sugar, not salt. There was a hint of pretzel-like taste to go with the chocolate, but all in all, this was mostly like a slightly chocolatey Pop-Tart, not really much of a pretzel-like anything. I toasted the second one to see if it would be crunchier or more pretzel-like; it wasn't. Not a bad taste, but if you want the taste of a pretzel with your Pop-Tart, you'll still have to eat a pretzel with your Pop-Tart.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slight pretzel smell, couldn't notice any chocolate.
From the package: “Proudly Baked in the USA” ... “Sweet & Salty” ... “Good Source of 3 B Vitamins”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wegmans. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road