Taste test: This box contained six individual packages similar to the cheese-and-crackers except with mini-pretzel rods instead of crackers.
The use of pretzels allowed Kraft to package these without the need for a cheese spreading device, as the pretzels can instead be dipped directly into the small vat of nacho cheese. When I tried this, I found that the cheese had a far better texture than I expected, as it was actually creamy rather than congealed. Given the "Nacho Fiesta" name, I had high expectations for this cheese, and it did not disappoint, as it had a very good kick of jalapeno. (This was surprising because the cheese had a consistent pale orange color, far paler than shown on the package, with no bits of hot pepper visible in either case.) The supply of cheese was just about right to put a good helping on each of the eight pretzel rods. The branding on this was very confusing, as there were four different trademarks floating around the package in Kraft, Handy-Snacks, Dunk-ems and Mister Salty. Come on, pick one. Or at most, two. Also, this was the second Mister Salty-branded product that we've seen that lacked the Mister Salty mascot.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Ordinary pretzel smell, fairly weak nacho cheese smell.
From the package: “Nacho cheese flavored cheese dip 'n pretzels” ... “90 Calories Per Pack” ... “A million different ays to make 'em taste just right!”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Mister Salty (4 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snack & Dip Kits (55 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road