Snyder's of Hanover Korn Krunchers Barbeque
Taste test: These broken-up thick pretzels were much like the Nacho Grande flavor, made primarily from wheat despite the use of the word Corn on the front of the bag. They had lots of barbecue seasoning on the exposed pretzel interiors, and that seasoning had a color very similar to the pretzel exteriors. Some areas of the interiors had little or no seasoning and were off-white.
We crunched in to find that there was a good crunch and a good hit of flavor, but at first it seemed that it was way more subdued than the intense Nacho Grande ones. As we ate more, a hot aftertaste kicked in too. It still wasn't as strong as Nacho Grande, and maybe that's why we could so easily taste the wheat in this one. The use of some corn seemed to bring a little crumbliness to the texture, but they still felt and tasted mostly like wheat pretzels.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet barbecue smell. Does smell like a barbecue sauce.
From the package: “30% less fat (than the leading brand of corn chips)” ... “boldly flavored corn snack” ... “When the mood hits you, nothing will satisfy you crunchy mouthful of bold flavor!” ... “Crunchy nuggets of baked corn that deliver a bold kick of flavor in every bite! With sweet tomatoes, onions and a savory, smoky seasoning, Barbeque Korn Krunchers™ will cure your what you're craving!”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Snyder's of Hanover (68 snacks)
- Pretzels (550 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Corn Chips (228 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road