Keg Beer Snacks
Taste test: This snack mix came in a container that was supposed to look like a keg of beer.
The lightweight aluminum can didn't really feel much like an actual keg or even a miniaturized one, and the snacks weren't directly in the keg, but rather in a foil bag inside the fake keg. So it didn't project all that much keg-iness. The foil bag contained three kinds of small pretzels (knotted, rings and sticks), two kinds of bread sticks (wiggly ones and sort of bread loaf-looking ones) and a rye bread melba toast. The textures varied a lot from one type to the next — the melba toast was very crunchy, the bread sticks were crisp and lightly crunchy, and the pretzels crunchy but not that crisp — and the combination of textures worked well. There seemed to be some Worcestershire-type seasoning on everything, but it was most noticeable on the melba toast. Overall, the taste was kind of like the original Chex Mix, but without the Chex. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like the Worcestershire smell of Chex Mix.
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Chicago American
Categories for this snack:
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Party Mixes (137 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road