Taste test: This version of the tortilla Combos promised seven different flavors from the seven layers of dip. We couldn't find anywhere on the package where they specified what those seven layers were, but it still seemed pretty ambitious. Even the picture showed a bowl of dip with only four layers (two of them the same dark red) plus a bunch of stuff on top.
We crunched in to find a soft and crumbly but crisp feel and a surprisingly mild flavor for a snack that was supposed to combine seven flavors. It did taste kind of like a bean dip. As for tasting the other layers we expected — maybe sour cream, guac, cheese and salsa, for starters — there was very little, just a hint. When a non-dominant flavor like bean dip dominates those other tastes, that should say something. Still, no complaints about the flavor, it was pretty tasty, if mild.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like taco powder. Mildly so.
From the package: “Natural and Artificial Flavored Filling” ... “An official partner of NASCAR” ... “Tangy fiesta flavor”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Combos (16 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (591 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Bean Chips (47 snacks)
- Sour Cream Chips (37 snacks)
- Guacamole/Avocado-flavored chips (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road