Asheville Pretzel Company Handcrafted Artisan Hard Pretzels Original with Sea Salt
Taste test: These pretzel sticks were fairly thin, with a somewhat rectangular but almost oval profile. Lengths varied, with the average piece measuring about 2 inches. They had a light golden beige color on one side and a much darker, textured surface on the other. The surfaces were not glossy at all.
I crunched in to find a great texture that was not at all your typical pretzel, as it was both crispy and brittle — really nice. (They were labeled as "hard pretzels," and certainly they met the criteria of not being soft pretzels, but they had the gentlest crunch of any packaged product we've seen with that label, which is generally applied to thick sourdough ones with about 100 times the crunch.) The taste was equally impressive, with a hint of salt helping to bring out an excellent pretzel taste.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice fresh pretzel smell.
From the package: “My name is Sam and this is my dog, Mike. Asheville has given us great friends, great music, and great drink. We are giving back with really good, some say grape pretzels.” ... “Creating a need for beer”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: Asheville Pretzel Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ingles Market, Asheville, North Carolina. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road