Ziggy's Kettle Corn Smokin' Honey Barbecue with Himalayan Pink Salt
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: This bag was filled about halfway with smallish kernels of various shapes, bearing a darkish golden orange seasoning that looked the honey barbecue part well.
We crunched in to find a very good crispness and a nice light crunch. Of the three flavors that we expected — heat, honey and barbecue sauce — the most prominent one was the honey, as there was a good mild sweetness. The flavor wasn't just honey, and it would have been a very different taste if it had been just honey, but the barbecue was just enough to alter the honey flavor into a spicy honey, without actually tasting much like barbecue. We took "Smokin'" to mean some kind of hot peppers, but there was no heat at all, either initially or in the aftertaste. Still, a very good texture and pretty good taste.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly sweet barbecue smell, and also a hint of burnt popcorn.
From the package: “Wow! You are holding a bag of Ziggy's, the best kettle corn in the world. Not only are we all natural, we also upgraded the classic kettle corn blend with the right amount of sweet and unrefined, hand harvested Himalayan salt. You read it correctly; our salt comes from a sustainable source high in the Himalayan Mountains and has over 84 natural minerals and trace elements just like mother earth intended.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Ziggy Snack Foods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Popcorn (567 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (154 snacks)
- Kettle Corn (85 snacks)
- Himalayan Salt Snacks (25 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Christmas Tree Shops. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road