Ziggy's Kettle Corn Kickin' Buffalo Wing with Himalayan Pink Salt
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: This kettle corn brought a combination of tastes that we've rarely seen together. Sure, we've eaten lots of kettle corn, lots of Buffalo wing-flavored snacks and lots of hot chips. We've seen some potato chips with "sweet heat" types of seasonings, but using that sweetness with heat on popcorn is quite unusual. And it worked!
The kernels were fairly large and had a light orange color over most of the surfaces, with bright white showing through in many areas. We crunched in to find a nice crispness and light crunch. Things started out sweet and crunchy like kettle corn, with a Buffalo wing flavor starting to kick in during the aftertaste. The sweetness wore off, and then the heat had the taste buds all to itself, growing fairly strong after eating multiple kernels in a row. Very good!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some heat along with sweetness and popcorn. And this is weird, but I really thought I could smell some chicken.
From the package: “Not only are we all natural, we also upgraded the classic kettle corn blend with the right amount of sweet and unrefined, hand harvested Himalayan salt. You read it correctly; our salt comes from a sustainable source high in the Himalayan Mountains and has over 84 natural minerals and trace elements just like mother Earth intended.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Ziggy Snack Foods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (89 snacks)
- Kettle Corn (86 snacks)
- Himalayan Salt Snacks (25 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road