Werther's Original Caramel Popcorn
Taste test: We opened this zipper-resealable bag to find that it was filled about halfway with large kernels with a generous coating of caramel, though a somewhat uneven coating.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and fairly strong crunch, with an initial caramel flavor that completely mirrored the taste of Werther's caramel hard candies. we probably shouldn't have been surprised by that taste match, but it was striking. As we ate more kernels, the caramel seemed more of typical caramel corn taste and less like Werther's, but it was still good caramel corn, with lots of caramel.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good caramel smell. Caramel stronger than the popcorn.
From the package: “Hand-Crafted Caramel Shop Taste” ... “A long time ago, in the small European village of Werther, candy-maker Gustav Nebel created his finest candy. He used the best ingredients — real butter, fresh cream, white and brown sugars, a pinch of salt and a lot of time.” ... “Perfectly Popped Corn wrapped with Rich and Creamy Werther's Original Caramel”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Storck USA L.P.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Christmas Tree Shops. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road