Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
Taste test: This caramel corn looked a lot different from the ordinary ones, as the large green pumpkin seeds attached to many pieces certainly stood out. The caramel coating was uneven but thick, and it had a light golden color, with some tiny dark spots here and there. Many of the kernels, seeds and nuts were stuck together into large clusters, but there were also plenty of one-kernel pieces.
We crunched in to find a lot of crunch and a definite pumpkin spice taste, as the mix of spices strongly altered the taste of the generous caramel coating. The pieces that had walnuts or pumpkin seeds were quite noticeable for the change of tastes. We shared the bag with some folks who were enjoying a morning donut feast outside a donut shop, and opinions were decidedly mixed, as some liked the taste while others gave a quick thumbs-down.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely some pumpkin to spice up the caramel corn smell. Nice.
From the package: “With roasted pumpkin seeds and walnuts” ... “The bag in your hands is filled with flavors of fall. It starts with a base of buttery caramel corn, made from a fifth-generation family recipe and batch-cooked in copper kettles. Pumpkin powder and warm cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg are blended into the caramel corn mixture, then the whole thing is finished off with generous amounts of roasted pumpkin seeds & walnuts for gratifying crunch.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Seeds (71 snacks)
- Pumpkin snacks (55 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road