Taste test: This bag contained generally large popcorn kernels with an orange seasoning covering most of the surfaces except for some unseasoned white areas, plus some darker orange spots within those orange areas.
I crunched in to find a fairly mild tikka masala flavor on the first bite, but the flavor grew in intensity — and heat — as I ate more, so by the end of a few handfuls, it was a very intense flavor. There was a pretty good crispness too. Very nice.
We've noticed that many popcorn bags are not filled very generously, and this was one of the worst offenders we've seen recently — the bag was filled a bit less than halfway. Boo!
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: We could smell the tikka masala, but it was much milder than other snacks with similar flavorings.
From the package: “Popcorn with Vegan Tikka Masala Seasoning” ... “The popcorn in this bag is like a ticket to an Indian spectacular: savory with aromatic spices. Who says the willing suspension of disbelief is limited to theatrical endeavors? We think our Bollywood Popcorn is the perfect match for a movie and a good seat on the couch with friends.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road