The Gourmet Popcorn Co. Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Taste test: This bag contained popcorn kernels with varying levels of sugary-looking areas on their surfaces. Some were mostly white with limited areas of very light brown, while most kernels had lots of sugary parts with some small white areas, and still others had a darker color almost all over and looked quite a bit sweeter than the others. The sweet-looking parts were not shiny.
None of the kernels looked much like the ones pictured on the front of the bag, which were all white, no brown.
We crunched in to find a good sweetness and nice light crunch with good crispness. The level of sweetness corresponded with the darkness of the exteriors, as expected. It seemed like most of the crunch was coming from the popcorn itself, not the added sugar. The promised salt was fairly minimal as far as what we could taste, but there was some salt here and there, providing a contrast to the sugar. Good, tasty kettle-style popcorn, but more salt would have been better.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong corn sweet, mild sweet. Nice.
From the package: “only 101 calories per 20g serving” ... “How doing make our popcorn? Here at the Gourmet Popcorn Company we make our popcorn from only the finest sun-ripened corn. We pop our corn in the lightest sunflower for a light crunchy texture. That flavor it with carefully selected ingredients in the traditional batch method.” ... “Sweet and salty flavour popcorn: A surprisingly delicious blend of sugar and salt combined and cooked in small batches give a delicate, crunchy texture.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road