Smartsnacks Kettle Popcorn
Taste test: The bag contained large round yellowish kernels with lots of sugar on them, and it was hard to tell whether this was real kettle corn or coated popcorn.
By taste, there was definitely much more sugar than salt on this popcorn, and this was confirmed by reading the ingredients, as Sugar and Corn Syrup were the first two ingredients (before even third-place Popcorn), while Salt was fifth. The taste and texture were both good, as there was good popcorn taste, nice sweetness and a light crunch. It didn't really feel entirely like coated popcorn, but the sugar came so close to being an actual shell that it just didn't seem likely that it all got there in the kettle-cooking process, rather than in some sort subsequent coating. Still, pretty good popcorn, and a very good deal at $1 for a 9-oz. bag.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like very mildly burnt popcorn.
From the package: “All the flavor without the guilt!” ... “Smartsnacks offers a classic old-fashioned treat that uses only the highest quality popcorn available. No hydrogenated oils, no preservatives, and is low in fat. Enjoy!”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Brandventure Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
- Hershey's Kisses with Caramel
- Tiki Gold Coconut Craze
- Crunchips o smaku Pieczone Żeberka
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road