Smartfood Smart50 White Cheddar
Taste test: Let's start with the most sensible thing here: This cheddar version of Smart50 had 50 calories per cup, which made more sense than the sea salt version of Smart50, which — despite the name — had 40. As big fans of the original Smartfood, which has always been loaded with cheese to please the tastebuds and coat the fingertips. we were eager to see how this lower-calorie version stacked up in those regards.
I opened the bag and saw kernels that were fairly consistent in size and had a nice off-white color. I crunched in to find a nice crunchy and fairly crisp feel, with cheddar cheese immediately noticeable, though not the world's strongest kick of it. After eating several handfuls, I found there was a nice mix of cheese and popcorn, quite noticeably less cheesy than regular Smartfood as well as many other brands, but more than some brands and still enough cheese to taste and enjoy. There was also some cheese powder on my fingertips, but quite a bit less than the original. So this was about what was advertised, a lower-calorie, less intense version of Smartfood.
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice strong cheddar smell, like the original.
From the package: “What does the 50 in Smart50 mean? 50 calories per cup or less! WHAT!!! It's like a cheesy snack dream come true.” ... “Serving size About 3 cups (28g)”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road