Smartfood Spicy Jalapeño Ranch
Taste test: This bag contained popcorn kernels in various sizes, with yellowish tints on parts of the surfaces and a middling concentration of green specks.
I crunched in to find a very nice crispness and good crunch, with a flavor that balanced ranch flavor with jalapeño heat fairly evenly. It definitely wasn't a standard ranch, as the low level of heat altered the taste quite a bit, but there was more ranch than jalapeño flavor in the initial taste, transitioning to jalapeño in the mildly hot aftertaste. We shared the bag with folks enjoying some beers and hard ciders after a road race, and people were eager to grab a handful of kernels and generally enjoyed the taste a lot. Pretty good!
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: About an even mix of ranch and jalapeño, just slightly hot.
From the package: “When Smartfood® White Cheddar launched in 1985, it was one very smart idea: Create great tasting popcorn with quality ingredients. We believe in air-popping our popcorn for a light & airy crunch, and using real jalapeños. The results is amazingly delicious, mouthwatering flavor without any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Smartfood (21 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1023 snacks)
- Popcorn (563 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (240 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road