Smartfood Popcorn Flamin' Hot White Cheddar
Taste test: This version of Smartfood had lots of strong red seasoning, with quite a bit of variation in red coverage from one kernel to the next but an average coverage near 50%.
I crunched in to find an immediate kick of heat and a nice crisp feel. The heat was fairly strong (but far from killer) and was far more noticeable than any cheese, and indeed amid all the heat, I couldn't really notice any of the delicious cheddar that I've come to expect from Smartfood. Some snacks combine cheddar with hot spices for a great combination, but in this case, it was really all about the heat, not a flavor standout.
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, but couldn't notice any heat.
From the package: “When Smartfood® launched in 1985, it was with one very smart idea: Create great tasting popcorn with quality ingredients. You can taste a passion for popcorn in all the delicious varieties of Smartfood® created since. We believe in air-popping our popcorn for a light & airy crunch made with classic Flamin' Hot® heat. The result is delicious, mouthwatering popcorn with a kick without any artificial flavors.”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Smartfood (23 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road