Smartfood Popcorn Flamin' Hot White Cheddar
Taste test: This version of Smartfood had lots of strong red seasoning, with quite a bit of variation in red coverage from one kernel to the next but an average coverage near 50%.
I crunched in to find an immediate kick of heat and a nice crisp feel. The heat was fairly strong (but far from killer) and was far more noticeable than any cheese, and indeed amid all the heat, I couldn't really notice any of the delicious cheddar that I've come to expect from Smartfood. Some snacks combine cheddar with hot spices for a great combination, but in this case, it was really all about the heat, not a flavor standout.
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, but couldn't notice any heat.
From the package: “When Smartfood® launched in 1985, it was with one very smart idea: Create great tasting popcorn with quality ingredients. You can taste a passion for popcorn in all the delicious varieties of Smartfood® created since. We believe in air-popping our popcorn for a light & airy crunch made with classic Flamin' Hot® heat. The result is delicious, mouthwatering popcorn with a kick without any artificial flavors.”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road