Smartfood Popcorn Buffalo Cheddar
Taste test: This flavor of Smartfood had a light, uneven orange coating on the various parts of the surface, with a darker orange in some of the crevices.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and an immediate kick of some serious heat. It really did taste like Buffalo wing sauce, with the cheddar helping to moderate the heat a bit, but not too much, as this was still quite hot. We shared the bag with a large group of snackers, and the flavor got an extremely enthusiastic response. People raved about the taste as they crunched through handfuls of popcorn and enjoyed some beers.
Shop: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice sharp cheese smell. Not really any heat.
From the package: “When Smartfood® launched in 1985, it was one very smart idea. Create great tasting popcorn with quality ingredients. You can taste a passion for popcorn in all the delicious varieties of Smartfood® created since. We believe in air-popping our popcorn for a light & airy crunch made with real cayenne pepper and cheddar cheese. The result is delicious, mouthwatering popcorn with a kick without any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.”
Online store: Buy Smartfood on Amazon #ad
Company: Smartfoods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Smartfood (23 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Buffalo Wing Chips (89 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published August 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road