Taste test: This popcorn from Taiwan promised an unusual strawberry flavor, but when we opened the bag, we were surprised to find a mostly-yellow, slightly orange seasoning on the popcorn, so it looked more like heavily buttered popcorn than anything strawberry.
We crunched in to find that the popcorn did indeed taste like strawberry, with a somewhat sugary, very lightly crunchy and almost crumbly feel in the teeth. It was crisp in its own way, but definitely not the typical popcorn texture. The sugary strawberry flavor was pretty good.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice strawberry smell on first whiff, then a hint of buttered popcorn after that.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn (non GMO), Vegetable OIl, Milk Powder, Strawberry Jam, Strawberry Flavor, Maltodextrin” ... “Made in Taiwan”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road