Pop Secret Homestyle Butter Popcorn
Taste test: I bought this bag not out of any particular craving for butter popcorn at the time, but because of an ongoing project called The George Lucas Diet. Seeing Yoda's face on the front meant that I could keep the diet going for one more day. The back of the bag had an X-wing fighter and two Star Wars trivia questions.
I opened the bag to find that the kernels had butterfly shapes and an off-white color (except where the hulls were) and were generally large. I crunched in to find a soft, somewhat crisp feel, with minimal crunch — and also a very minimal butter taste. Where's the butter?
To quote Jedi Master Yoda, "Do or do not [put a lot of butter in your popcorn]. There is no try."
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of buttery, but also kind of burnt.
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Diamond Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road