Pipcorn Sea Salt Delicious Mini Popcorn
Taste test: We've eaten and reviewed many, many kind of popcorn, and they have varied in lots of different ways — including flavor, color, texture and shape — but this one certainly stood out from the crowd in an unexpected way. Pipcorn promised mini popcorn, and indeed it was far and away the smallest fully popped popcorn we've ever seen. (This bag was in a tie with Pipcorn's Truffle flavor for the tiny title.) It was hard to see how small when first opening the bag, because with the random shapes all piled up, it was hard to distinguish where individual kernels started and ended. But as soon as we grabbed some kernels and looked closely, the difference was striking. The kernels varied in size and shape, but on average they were about one-third the size of typical popcorn kernels.
OK, so they're small. How did they feel? How did they taste? We crunched in to find an excellent crispness and very nice popcorn flavor, just slightly salty and with an almost buttery taste (despite the lack of any butter on the short ingredients list). The bag promised that the hulls would not get stuck in the teeth, and indeed they did not. Great!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly burnt popcorn smell.
From the package: “Popped in the USA” ... “All Natural” ... “Whole Grain” ... “Small Batch” ... “How are we different? Glad you asked! When we pop our mini kernels, the shells break up into itty bitty pieces. Finally, popcorn that's kind to your teeth! Pip pip hooray! Pipcorn is popped in small batches by hand. We use as few ingredients as possible and never add preservatives, so no need to feel guilty.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Pipsnacks LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (73 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published September 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road