Peanut Caramel Cob
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: This was basically a whole bunch of caramel corn and peanuts stuck together into the shape of an ear of corn, and it was nearly as big a good-sized actual ear of corn.
I bit in to find that the cob was just as advertised, quite chewy rather than crunchy, with lots of popcorn, some peanuts and lots of caramel holding it all together. Very tasty, and the chewiness made it quite different from your typical caramel corn with nuts. I held it by the clear sleeve to avoid getting caramel on my fingers, and that worked quite effectively. After several bites into the cob and a lot of chewing, I realized that my mouth was getting tired, as this was some intense, strenuous chewing. I decided to follow the microwave directions, popping the remaining portion of the cob in for 10 seconds. That worked like a charm, as it softened up the cob a lot and made chewing much easier. One of these Cobs is still a whole lot of food, so this might be best used for multiple snacks, or shared.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good sweet caramel smell with a hint of peanuts. Like Cracker Jack, but better.
From the package: “Soft n' Chewy Caramel Popcorn” ... “Delicious Warm Too! Open top seal of wrapper, microwave 10-15 seconds and enjoy!”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Kathy Kaye Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published November 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road