Palo Popcorn Mexican Street Corn
Taste test: I'm a relative newcomer to the concept of Mexican street corn (or Elote), but I've quite enjoyed several different variations of it at Mexican restaurants and food trucks in recent years. When I discovered the Street Corn version of Trader Joe's Corn Chips, I was just floored by how tasty that seasoning could be on corn chips, resulting in some of the best chips ever. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear that Palo was making Street Corn Popcorn!
The kernels had a fairly uniform pale orange color on their surfaces, plus some scattered tiny black and brown bits. I grabbed a handful and crunched in to find a whole lot of flavor, cheesy and buttery and zippy from a tasty combination of peppers and spices. There was also some mild heat in the aftertaste. Very tasty, and a reasonable reminder of the taste of Mexican street corn. (Another thing that reminded me of street corn was the stuff that got stuck in my teeth, but still, it was way less messy than real street corn!)
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of buttery and mildly tangy, nice.
From the package: “Popped in Pure Coconut Oil”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Palo Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Butter Snacks (90 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published May 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road