Olive Oyl Popped Corn
Taste test: I bought this bag of popcorn entirely because of Olive Oyl's presence on it, and that gave our snackers and opportunity to find out what popcorn make with olive oil tastes like.
We opened the bag and grabbed some handfuls to find that most of the kernels were fairly large and quite white. Upon crunching in, the kernels felt just moderately crisp — not quite mushy, but just not as crisp as some better popcorns. So with a below-average texture, the saving grace was that this was fairly flavorful popcorn, with a good corn taste helped along by a bit of salt. Most of our tasters had positive reactions.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly a regular popcorn smell, but just slightly burnt.
From the package: “Around the world, people are realizing the numerous health benefits of olive oil use, from prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease to a food without any cholesterol.” ... “We at Olive Oyl™ Brand Foods use extra virgin olive oil when popping our corn. So enjoy the great taste and the healthy benefits of eating Olive Oyl™ Popped Corn!”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Olive Oyl Brand Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Popcorn (567 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road