Snacker Jacks Popcorn
Taste test: This popcorn had varying levels of brownish stuff on its surfaces, with some kernels almost entirely coated and others coated just minimally. Other than the Snacker Jacks name, the bag's marketing copy didn't set any expectations about what it was supposed to be, but we figured some sort of caramel corn, given the similarity of the name to Cracker Jacks (but without peanuts, since the ingredients didn't list any).
Beyond lacking peanuts, there was fairly unusual ingredient list for a caramel corn. Molasses — sure. Tahini — what??
I crunched in to find a mildly sweet taste that wasn't much like any other caramel corn we've tried, but it did taste good. The level of sweetness varied vastly from one kernel to the next, corresponding to the color level. Certainly an unusual take on sweetened popcorn.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not the usual popcorn or caramel corn smell! A hint of molasses and something fruity.
From the package: “Ingredients: Non-GMO Popcorn, Natural Unsulphured Molasses, Tahini, Non-GMO Expeller Pressed Soybean Oil and Sea Salt.” ... “Caution: May contain unpopped pop corn kernels.” ... “Sesame Seeds have more Calcium than Milk.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Little Lad's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Bee's Knees, Allston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road