King of Pop Buffalo Handcrafted Gourmet Popcorn
Taste test: When we spotted this bag of popcorn at our local supermarket, the first thing that came to mind was Michael Jackson, but upon examining the bag, there didn't seem to be any connection to the late musician. (We do wonder whether his lawyers might be in touch at some point.)
We opened the bag to find kernels of various shapes and sizes with a fairly even level of light orange seasoning. We crunched in to find a mushy feel to go along with a good spicy Buffalo wing sauce flavor. We ate more kernels and found that the texture was consistent — they were all about equally mushy. The heat was impressive and the taste very good, but the lack of any crispness was a major negative on the whole experience, spoiling an otherwise tasty, hot flavor.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong hot sauce smell. Made the mouth water. Nice.
From the package: “Bold, original, delicious popcorn — that's what KingOfPop.com is all about. Every day, we handcraft batches of our popcorn using only the finest ingredients to bring you an irresistible snack with a freshness you can taste.” ... “Non-GMO Corn” ... “No Added Preservatives” ... “Zero Trans Fat” ... “Whole Grain”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published December 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road