Kettle Popcorn Salt + Fresh Ground Pepper
Taste test: The popcorn kernels in this bag were generally large and had just a smattering of large black pepper bits on their surfaces, a change from the numerous smaller bits we've seen in some other pepper popcorns.
I crunched in to find a very nice crispness and soft feel, plus a very flavorful mix of pepper and salt. The black pepper was fresh-tasting and started out a bit mellow, with maybe a hint of sweetness on the first bite, then got fairly intense after eating several kernels in a row. Tasty and good!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice fresh black pepper smell, but kind of mellow compared with some other salt & pepper snacks.
From the package: “Who said we have to stick to potatoes? Awesome flavor is king around here, and we're not afraid to try something different in pursuit of superior taste. Kettle Brand Popcorn is like lifting the lid off your mother's cast iron skillet (when she isn't looking) and grabbing a handful of fluffy popped kernels.” ... “Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper is the ultimate union of flavor opposites. Every salt must have its pepper. Every pepper ... you get the point. Opposites attract — forming a truly bold flavor marriage.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (84 snacks)
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published December 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road