Kettle Popcorn Maple Bacon
Taste test: This bag contained generally large kernels with an off-off-white color and some light brown specks scattered about.
We crunched in to find a very nice crispness and soft feel, with a mildly sweet, mildly smoky taste. When we offered this popcorn to a bunch of hungry snackers, most people were eager to grab a big handful as soon as they heard "maple bacon." Reactions were mixed. Most people liked the taste, and quite a few of them were quite thrilled with it as they went back for handful after handful. Some thought the taste was weird, though not bad. Some people liked the taste initially but found the aftertaste to be unappealing. Everyone was quick to offer opinions on this one!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of smokiness and a subtle maple smell.
From the package: “Who said we have to stick to potatoes? Awesome flavor is king around here, and we're not afraid to try something different in pursuit of superior taste. Kettle Brand Popcorn is like lifting the lid off your mother's cast iron skillet (when she isn't looking) and grabbing a handful of fluffy popped kernels.” ... “This unexpected match combines the deep smokey flavor of bacon and the rich sweetness of maple sugar for a nostalgic, comfort food combination.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Kettle Chips (83 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (140 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (33 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published October 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road