Kernel Encore Gourmet Popcorn Ketchup
Taste test: This was the first ketchup-flavored popcorn that I ever tried (after many years of eating ketchup-flavored potato chips) so I didn't really have anything to directly compare it to.
But my impression is now that ketchup goes better with potato than it does with corn, because most ketchup-flavored potato chips are pretty good, while this combination of flavors didn't do much for me. I thought that the seasoning itself was OK, but it tasted more like tomato soup than like ketchup. The level of crispness that varied quite a bit from one kernel to the next, and the level of dark red flavor seasoning varied considerably as well.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, somewhat tomatoey, remotely ketchup-like smell. Pretty good.
From the package: “The Best Popcorn Starts With The Kernel!” ... “We select the finest ingredients and use great care in bringing the best tasting snack to you. Experience the old-time charm and tradition of handmade popcorn with a 21st Century flair.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Kernel Encore of Orlando
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2009.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road