Ike & Sam's Kettlecorn Kickin' Cayenne
Taste test: This kettle corn had an excellent crispness and was quite tasty, but the level of cayenne pepper was quite a bit lower than we expected from the name.
The balance of sweetness/saltiness varied from one kernel to the next, but it was a bit less sweet than salty overall. At first, most tasters couldn't notice any cayenne pepper at all, but it appeared that it depended on which kernels they happened to grab. A careful look a the kernels for some telltake orange allowed us to successfully identify the kernels with cayenne pepper. Even those kernels weren't exactly "kickin" but the pepper did add a slight twist to the taste. There was a slight hot aftertaste left behind, but nothing major. Very good kettle corn, just not much of a cayenne kick.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good kettle corn smell. No hot peppers that I could notice.
From the package: “all natural hand popped gourmet kettlecorn” ... “Here at Ike & Sam's, we love hearing from the fans! The idea for Kickin' Cayenne came to us in a fan e-mail (Thanks, Stave!) and wow, what an idea! Our sweet and salty kettlecorn gets a kick with a dose of cayenne pepper! This stuff is peppery bliss!”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Ike & Sam's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published June 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road