Halfpops Curiously Crunchy Popcorn Brooklyn Dill Pickle
Taste test: The flavor of Halfpops had a nice range of golden beige colors on the tiny, partially popped kernels, with some bits of green dill too.
However, the most obvious thing when we opened the bag wasn't what was there, but what wasn't. They only filled the bag about 40% of the way, with a snack that doesn't settle at all. The packaging choice — a tall, narrow bag — was an odd choice, given the actual volume of popcorn in there. Not only did the tall bag make it tough to reach in and dig deep to get to the popcorn, the distance made it extremely obvious just how not-full the bag was.
As for the popcorn itself, it had a very nice crunch, fairly solid but not hard enough that I thought I was going to break a tooth. It didn't look like Corn Nuts, but the crunch was a lot like it. It was heavily loaded with lots of dill pickle flavor, which worked very nicely with the corn.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a jar of pickles.
From the package: “nosh like you mean it” ... “not rocket science just half-popped popcorn” ... “50% less fluff” ... “Patent No. 7,579,036 Other Patents Pending”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Halfpops, LLC
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road