Gladcorn A-Maizing Corn Snack Jalapeño
Taste test: This bag contained a mixture of unpopped and partially popped corn kernels, and some of the partially popped ones looked sort of like someone had smashed them with a hammer.
The unpopped ones were crunchier and tougher to bite into than the partially popped ones, but few were so hard as to risk breaking any teeth when trying to bite in. The partially popped ones were quite good, easy to bite into but crunchy, with a great taste — I kept grabbing more and more of them. There was a hot aftertaste that grew as I ate more Gladcorns, but I didn't actually taste any jalapeno, as it was more of a generic heat. Our tasters liked the Gladcorn a lot and raved about the taste.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a buttery popcorn smell, almost, but no jalapeno at all.
From the package: “We never intended to create a snack food. It was simply an amazing discovery made one evening in our farmhouse kitchen. After tasting it, we thought it had potential, so we shared it with some friends. With their encouragement, we made more and a dream was born. Now we have the privilege of sharing this snack with you!”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: G.E.F. Gourmet Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published February 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road