Taste test: Cracker Jacks are the standard by which all carmel-coated popcorn and peanut snacks are judged.
Everyone's heard of them, everyone's eaten them, and they're even mentioned prominently in the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Having said that, I was quite disappointed by this 8 oz. "family size bag" — I ate my way through almost half the bag (which would be four of the bag's eight servings, according to the Nutrition Facts) without seeing a single peanut. Even then, I couldn't see any peanuts as I looked down into the bag, so I spilled the remainder into a bowl. It turned out that all of the peanuts (and there weren't many) had settled to the bottom. You might be better off getting a box of these, if this is what happens with the bags.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The smell is so familar, what can I say? It smells like Cracker Jacks.
From the package: “Cracker Jack® brand tastes just as good as you remember — a delicious blend of caramel coated popcorn and peanuts that has made Cracker Jack® brand a family favorite for more than 105 years, and, if you're a kid ... or at least a kid at heart you've probably already found the prizes inside. Cracker Jack® brand has delivered more han 16 billion prizes around the world. It just wouldn't be Cracker Jack® brand if there wasn't a prize waiting for you.”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cracker Jacks (16 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road