Cracker Jack Popcorn Kettle Corn
Taste test: We've reviewed many kinds of kettle corn (including quite a few that claimed to be kettle corn but weren't) but this bag was a major discovery, as Cracker Jack remains one of the biggest names in popcorn but had never before entered the kettle corn arena. Most of the kernels were smallish and roundish, with generally an off-white color, except for the yellower sugary areas and darker exposed kernel exterior (or pericarp). I crunched in to find that the kernels had a nice light feel, good crispness and a mid-level sweetness. It did seem to be actual kettle corn (rather than sugar-coated popcorn) but the salt level was on the very low end of the spectrum as kettle corns go. More salt would have made this even better, as the sweet-and-salty combination is what makes many kettle corns so appealing. But this was still solid first effort by Cracker Jack.
Another positive with this product was that they didn't forget its Cracker Jack heritage, and thus did include a special prize inside. It turned out to be a "Cracker Jack Throwback" sticker with the image of Sailor Jack holding a box of Cracker Jacks. Unfortunately, I ripped off a corner of the sticker in the process of opening the packet.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly sweet. None of the usual popcorn smell, nor any burnt popcorn smell, as some kettle corns have.
From the package: “There's always a prize inside!” ... “New flavors from an American favorite — Butter Toffee or delicious Kettle Corn”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road