Cheetos Popcorn Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This popcorn, much like the cheddar flavor of Cheetos Popcorn, seemed to signal a transition of non-cheese puff cheese products from the Chester's brand to the Cheetos brand, which also happens to have Chester Cheetah as its mascot.
Chester has for years offered a Flamin' Hot Popcorn, so the question here was, is this the same?
The puffs had a strong covering of an intense, dark red seasoning, a strong contrast to the white popcorn surfaces showing through in some crevices. We crunched in to find a nice crisp feel, with a lot of tasty, hot seasoning. It wasn't killer hot, but it was pretty hot and very flavorful. All in all, it was quite good, and didn't seem to be appreciably different from the Chester's-branded version.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice cheese smell, but couldn't really smell the heat.
From the package: “When popcorn meets Cheetos ... it's a Cheetos thing”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published January 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road