Caramel Apple Caramel Cob
Note: This snack has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Taste test: This ear-of-corn shaped snack consisted of popcorn held together by lots of caramel and supposedly also some apple.
I couldn't see chunks of apple or anything, but there was some green here and there. I bit into the cob to find a chewy texture — definitely not crunchy like caramel corn, but not quite soft, so it took some effort to bite some off the cob and then to chew. (Sometimes when biting off a chunk, I felt like I was trying to gnaw a piece off a giant turkey leg.) If you happen to have a microwave handy, a quick trip through there will soften the cob up considerably. The taste was a bit different than your typical caramel corn, and the difference may have been that there was some apple in there, but it really didn't taste like a caramel apple at all. After eating, I checked the ingredients for apple and didn't find any, so that was pretty much consistent with the taste.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More caramel than apple, but I guess I could smell some apple.
From the package: “Soft n' Chewy Caramel Popcorn” ... “Delicious Warm Too! Microwave 10-15 seconds”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Kathy Kaye Foods
Categories for this snack:
- Popcorn (569 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Caramel Corn (126 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published November 2011.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road