Barcel Pop Jalapeño Cheddar
Taste test: This bag contained generally roundish popcorn kernels with a lot of bright orange seasoning, though it was distributed unevenly, with some of the kernels much less orange than others. The jalapeño part of the flavor wasn't represented visually, as there was no green. The bag was filled about two-thirds of the way.
I grabbed a handful and crunched in to find a soft feel with pretty good crispness and a fairly strong kick of hot spices to go along with the cheese. The level of cheese and spices varied in proportion to the amount of orange on any given kernel. All in all, not super-hot, but certainly hotter than your typical cheddar popcorn, and enough to bring some serious zing to the cheese. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, spicy jalapeno and cheese smell. Made my mouth water.
From the package: “From the makers of Takis” ... “Air popped” .... “Jalapeño & cheddar artificially flavored popcorn” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1062 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road