Barcel Pop Jalapeño Cheddar
Taste test: This bag contained generally roundish popcorn kernels with a lot of bright orange seasoning, though it was distributed unevenly, with some of the kernels much less orange than others. The jalapeño part of the flavor wasn't represented visually, as there was no green. The bag was filled about two-thirds of the way.
I grabbed a handful and crunched in to find a soft feel with pretty good crispness and a fairly strong kick of hot spices to go along with the cheese. The level of cheese and spices varied in proportion to the amount of orange on any given kernel. All in all, not super-hot, but certainly hotter than your typical cheddar popcorn, and enough to bring some serious zing to the cheese. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, spicy jalapeno and cheese smell. Made my mouth water.
From the package: “From the makers of Takis” ... “Air popped” .... “Jalapeño & cheddar artificially flavored popcorn” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (122 reviews)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Popcorn (562 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (415 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (237 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road