Barcel Pop Fuego
Taste test: This popcorn stood out for boasting that was "from the makers of Takis," and it played off that association to its best advantage by using the same seasoning as the popular Takis Fuego flavor. The generally round kernels had a lot of bright red seasoning, much like the tubular tortillas.
We crunched in to find a good crisp feel and spicy mix of cheese and hot peppers. Even more heat arrived in the aftertaste, quite a kick. The bag promised both lime and chili, but the chili peppers were far more noticeable. Very good!
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice spicy cheese smell.
From the package: “From the makers of Takis” ... “Air popped” .... “Hot chili pepper and lime artificially flavored popcorn” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1062 snacks)
- Popcorn (570 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road