American Farmer All Natural Skinny n' Light Kettle Popped Corn
Taste test: I opened this bag of kettle corn to find large kernels that didn't look that different from regular air-popped popcorn, as there were almost no visible signs of anything sweet, except for (upon very close examination) a few tiny glossy spots.
So I grabbed a few kernels and crunched in to find that the kernels were crisp, and some kettle corn sweetness was present, but it was quite subtle, as was the saltiness. Most of the kernels were like those first few, but some others did have more sugar. As kettle corns go, it was definitely one the low-key side of things, and that's probably what the "Skinny n' Light" name was referring to. Our snackers liked it and crunched their way through many handfuls. Pretty good as a popcorn that straddles the line between plain popcorn and kettle corn, but if you want lots of sweet and salty, try another brand.
Shop: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly burnt popcorn smell.
From the package: “American Farmer introduces our own take on that all-American snack, popped corn. From our in the wide-open spaces, we bring you a unique combination of sweet and savory flavors that harkens back to a simpler time, sitting in the back of a pick-up truck at the County Fair, watching the stars come out one by one.”
Online store: Buy popcorn on Amazon #ad
Company: American Farmer Brands, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road