Takis Hot Nuts Flare
Taste test: These coated peanuts took their name from the popular tubular tortillas, but the Takis connection was really about the flavoring, as they were actually peanuts with a wheat-based coating.
They came in various shapes and sizes (likely due to variations in the coating) but all of them had an intense dark red-orange seasoning that looked intimidating from heat perspective. I grabbed a handful and crunched in to find a great crispy feel from the coating, with a softer peanut center and a whole lot of intense flavor. It was pretty hot — maybe not quite a "Flare" — but it was really tasty, as the chile peppers, lime and peanut worked great together. The moderate burn stayed around for a while in the aftertaste.
Shop: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong peanut and hot pepper smell.
From the package: “Double Crunch” ... “Chili pepper & lime artificially flavored double crunch peanuts” ... “About 3 servings per container” ... “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Takis on Amazon #ad
Company: Barcel USA LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Takis (19 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Coated Peanuts (45 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road