Snackle Mouth Granola Nut Clusters Bacon Maple
Taste test: We're sampled quite a few types of granola and trail mixes over the years, as well as many snacks that either contain bacon or taste like they do.
But this was the first one we've heard of that combined bacon and granola. Most of the clusters in the clear bag inside this box were centered around almonds, with much smaller things stuck to them. I bit into a few clusters to find that the almonds were soft and dominated the taste, with the rest being mostly oats and various sweeteners (though not particularly maple). As for the bacon, it seems this bacon/granola combo was not meant to be: Bacon might have been there, and the ingredients said it was, but I couldn't taste any bacon at all. Not a bad mix, especially if you like almonds, but the search for a granola-and-bacon snack will have to continue.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Can smell lots of maple (nice!) but not any bacon.
From the package: “In Latin it means love; or another word for Perfecto. If you guessed Bacon, you were correct-umundo! Bite-sized chunks of real Bacon with simple notes of Maple baked together in our signature snack clusters — all that's missing is your momma holding a skillet.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Big Mouth Snack LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (34 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published July 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road