Sabritas Japanese Style Peanuts
Taste test: These peanuts were coated with thin a flour-based shell and mildly flavored with soy sauce.
The coating was a bit thinner and denser than what we've tried with other Asian peanut snacks, and the weird part was the crunch levels. Rather than having a consistent level of crunch, it actually varied greatly from one peanut to the next, with some very crunchy (maybe too crunchy) and others having a mild crunch. The inconsistency of crunch was a bit jarring. There was a mild level of soy sauce spice with a bit of heat, but it was hardly noticeable to most people. You really had to suck on the peanuts rather than crunch in to get that flavor. One of our tasters cringed on her first bite but ended up liking these a lot, while our other tasters were enthusiastic all along but raised concerns about the odd crunch.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Normal peanuts smell.
From the package: “Cacahuates estilo japonés” ... “Sabores auténticos con la calidad y tradición de Sabritas® brand”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road