Spicy Roasted Peanut
Taste test: This bag of peanuts highly resembled another kind recently reviewed, Huang Fei Hong Spicy Peanuts, as both bags were white, originated in China, and the picture on this one depicted peanuts combined with red slivers of peppers and peppercorns, which was what was in the other bag.
I opened it to find plenty of yellowish-looking halves of peanuts, but the various spiced bits were only slightly in evidence, far less so than the other kind. Even after shaking up the bag several times, it was clear that there was much less of the non-peanut content. I grabbed a handful of nuts that included some bits of the other stuff and crunched in to find that despite the relative scarcity of spicy stuff to see, there was plenty to taste. The peanuts had nice soft crunch, and the other stuff delivered a bit of crunchiness and lots of tasty heat. Very nice!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of spices.
From the package: “Ingredients: Peanuts, Chilli, Palm oil, Sugar, Salt, Spice, Flavour enhancer [Monosodium glutamate (621) ] , Antioxidant [Tertiary butylhydroquinone (319) ] ”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road