Picard's Crispy Potato Chip Covered Salt and Vinegar Peanuts
Taste test: When we first heard about this brand of snacks, the USS Enterprise D came to mind. Is this what Captain Picard munches on while sipping on his Tea, Earl Gray, Hot? OK, probably not.
Inside the bag were starched-coated peanuts, which we've tried many times before, but this brand was relatively rare in that it used potato starch rather than wheat for the coating. (Much like one other kind, Nutterz, these called the coating "Potato Chips" on the front of the bag, while listing Dehydrated Potatoes in the ingredients.)
We crunched in to find a nice solid but brittle crunch, with lots of peanut taste, but a strong hint of vinegar, salt and potato — a lot like salt & vinegar potato chips. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Way more peanut than vinegar, and not even that much peanut, but also some vinegar.
From the package: “Made in Canada” ... “Serving size 1/4 cup (25g) Servings per container 12”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (334 reviews)
- Nuts (503 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (166 snacks)
- Coated Peanuts (44 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road