Orion Cuttlefish Peanut Ball Spicy
Taste test: These roughly spherical snacks averaged about three-quarters of an inch in diameter and consisted of a peanut center surrounded by an airy-but-crunchy coating of corn and wheat starch, with some cuttlefish meat and hot peppers seasoning added for good measure.
Considering the negative reactions we've gotten to some other Asian seafood snacks, we didn't expect our snackers to like this one much. But somehow, many people actually liked these. These were lots of strong flavors from lots of sources here. It seemed that the hot peppers were just enough to offset some of the fishiness of the cuttlefish. That, combined with the nice crunch and fresh peanut taste, had some people coming back to the bag for more, while others still couldn't handle the fishiness.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like peanuts, but definitely some fishiness too. Not too bad.
From the package: “Ingredients: Processed Peanut, Waxy Corn Starch, Wheat Flour, White Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Palm and Sunflower Seed), Hot Sauce Seasoning (Powder-Hot Pepper/Sugar/Salt/Garlic), Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Vinegar Powder), Corn Syrup, Modified Starch (Potato), Sliced Cuttlefish, Leavening Agent (Ammonium Bicarbonate), Salt, Shrimp Extract, Annato Color Caramel Color”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (137 reviews)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Nuts (505 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (138 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (120 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road