Orion Cuttlefish Peanut Ball Spicy
Taste test: These roughly spherical snacks averaged about three-quarters of an inch in diameter and consisted of a peanut center surrounded by an airy-but-crunchy coating of corn and wheat starch, with some cuttlefish meat and hot peppers seasoning added for good measure.
Considering the negative reactions we've gotten to some other Asian seafood snacks, we didn't expect our snackers to like this one much. But somehow, many people actually liked these. These were lots of strong flavors from lots of sources here. It seemed that the hot peppers were just enough to offset some of the fishiness of the cuttlefish. That, combined with the nice crunch and fresh peanut taste, had some people coming back to the bag for more, while others still couldn't handle the fishiness.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like peanuts, but definitely some fishiness too. Not too bad.
From the package: “Ingredients: Processed Peanut, Waxy Corn Starch, Wheat Flour, White Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Palm and Sunflower Seed), Hot Sauce Seasoning (Powder-Hot Pepper/Sugar/Salt/Garlic), Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Vinegar Powder), Corn Syrup, Modified Starch (Potato), Sliced Cuttlefish, Leavening Agent (Ammonium Bicarbonate), Salt, Shrimp Extract, Annato Color Caramel Color”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road