Munchies Crunchy Coated Peanuts Sweet & Spicy
Taste test: Having reviewed several kinds of coated peanuts over the years, I thought I knew what to expect when I opened this narrow bag, but I ended up being quite surprised upon opening it. Generally, these snacks consist of nuts coated in a crunchy starch of some kind, with an outer flavoring layer. A look inside revealed some coated nuts that were a bit smaller than most other kinds, and some much smaller. I poured them onto a plate to find that only about half of the nuts had the starch coating, so in many cases, the flavor was applied directly to the peanuts.
I crunched into some of the coated ones to find that they had a very tasty seasoning — sweet, with a nice kick of heat — but none of the crunch that was promised. The other ones were just flavored nuts. They tasted quite good, but the lack of coating in many cases, and the lack of crunch in all cases, really detracted from the product.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same smell as honey-roasted peanuts.
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kiki's Kwik-Mart, Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road