Munchies Crunchy Coated Peanuts Sweet & Spicy
Taste test: Having reviewed several kinds of coated peanuts over the years, I thought I knew what to expect when I opened this narrow bag, but I ended up being quite surprised upon opening it. Generally, these snacks consist of nuts coated in a crunchy starch of some kind, with an outer flavoring layer. A look inside revealed some coated nuts that were a bit smaller than most other kinds, and some much smaller. I poured them onto a plate to find that only about half of the nuts had the starch coating, so in many cases, the flavor was applied directly to the peanuts.
I crunched into some of the coated ones to find that they had a very tasty seasoning — sweet, with a nice kick of heat — but none of the crunch that was promised. The other ones were just flavored nuts. They tasted quite good, but the lack of coating in many cases, and the lack of crunch in all cases, really detracted from the product.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same smell as honey-roasted peanuts.
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Munchies (17 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Coated Peanuts (45 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road