KouShow Spicy Peanut
Taste test: This bag had a bright smiley face on the front and individually wrapped peanut packets inside. I opened a packet to find that the peanuts were of the coated variety, but they turned out to be quite different from the many other coated peanuts we've reviewed.
The differences started with looks: They had a lumpier appearance than most coated peanuts. The texture was different too: There was a softer crunch from the coating, sort of a crumbly feel, which might have something to do with the wheat-based coating. And the taste defied expectations: On first bite, the taste was mildly sweet, not a spicy taste at all. The hot peppers did arrive for the aftertaste, a very nice flavor! A really good one!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of hot peppers.
From the package: “Ingredients: Peanut, Wheat flour, Corn starch, Palm oil, White sugar, Salt, Spices (chili, fennel, star anise), Monosodium glutamate, Sodium hydrogen carbonate, Capsanthin.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road