Gold Emblem Classic Blend Trail Mix
Taste test: This large bag had a fairly even distribution of raisins, peanuts, almonds, cashews and M&M's, with lots of light spots (maybe salt, maybe tiny bits of nut?) clearly visible on the raisins and almonds. The peanuts were about evenly divided between whole nuts and ones that were split in half, plus there were some roundish pieces that hardly looked like peanuts at all (but they looked way more like peanuts than they did cashews or almonds).
We crunched in to find that the nuts were very mildly seasoned, with probably just salt. The raisins and M&M's provided some sweetness to balance the saltiness of the three kinds of nuts. Nothing very bold or unusual here, but a good solid standard trail mix.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Typical trail mix smell, raisins, peanuts and chocolate dominate.
From the package: “peanuts, raisins, M&M's® Chocolate Candy, almonds & cashews” ... “Gold Emblem Classic Blend Trail Mix is a sea-salted blend of crunchy nuts, chewy raisins, and sweet M&M's® Chocolate Candy.” ... “Fresh-Lock® is a registered trademark of Presto Products Company.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published March 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road