Doritos Crunch Mix Nacho Cheese
Taste test: This snack mix from Doritos expanded on their Crunch Nuts coated peanuts product by adding four additional items — "pretzel bites" that were basically broken-up big pretzels, like the ones from Snyder's of Hanover; miniature cheese puffs; "3-D triangles" and "corn sticks." The various things seemed to be present in roughly equal amounts.
The pretzel bites came in a whole range of sizes and random shapes, with nacho cheese attached to the exposed interior surfaces. They delivered a solid pretzel crunch along with a nice mix of pretzel and cheese. The cheese puffs were roundish and quite small, for a soft, crisp feel and a mild cheese hit. The triangles were basically made of Fritos material and had that same crisp, strong crunch, but most of the pieces managed to deviate from the triangle shapes quite a bit during cooking. The corn sticks were thin, with an appearance similar to sesame sticks, and they were even crunchier and more solid than the triangles. All in all, it was a good mix of tastes and textures, with a mild cheese on everything, a nice range of flavors and crunches that worked well together.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like roasted peanuts.
From the package: “Multi-crunch nacho cheese mix”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (424 snacks)
- Corn Chips (231 snacks)
- Party Mixes (135 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (132 snacks)
- Coated Peanuts (45 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road