Taste test: This package contained two sheets of what looked to be peanut brittle, with each sheet cut into six rectangular pieces, measuring about an inch by 2 inches. There were a couple of twists on the standard peanut brittle formula here, the foremost being that there were sesame seeds in addition to peanuts. The crunch was a softer one than your typical peanut brittle, and the overall taste was less sweet. This was probably because unlike normal sugar-heavy brittle, this one really packed in the peanuts tightly, rather than have expanses of sugar in between. Indeed, Sesame Seeds were listed ahead of Sugar in the ingredients, even though sesame seeds didn't appear to be all that plentiful. I could notice the taste of the sesame just a bit, but the main taste was the peanuts, well sweetened but less dominated by sugar than regular brittle.
The only problem was the packaging. The two sheets were wrapped in a clear, flexible plastic wrapper. The wrapper wasn't the problem, though; for some reason, they folded over the edges of the wrapper and then taped them very tightly in transparent tape, and it took quite a bit of effort to get the tape unpeeled. That caused an unfortunate snacking delay!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good fresh peanut smell.
From the package: “Ing: Peanut, Sesame Seed, Sugar, Water” ... “Product of VietNam”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Anhing Corp.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Vietnam (13 reviews)
- Nuts (517 snacks)
- Sesame Snacks (83 snacks)
- Peanut Brittle (19 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road